Players may select the spaceship their heroes crash in out of several possible variants, which are unlocked by completing specific gameplay tasks. It is only necessary to complete one of the specified tasks to unlock a variant.
Unless specified otherwise, all pods start with 2 heroes.
Escape Pod Edit
No particular gameplay bonuses or penalties.
- Available from the start.
- Note from sales brochure: "This pod is guaranteed to survive any crash; we hope its occupants do as well."
Infirmary Pod Edit
Heroes have twice as many Health Points. Cost of healing reduced. No auto-heal at end of turn. Some in-game items are replaced with drugs that provide buffs with some side effects.
- Win a game with the Escape Pod.
- Spend 1000 Food healing heroes in one game.
- Note from sales brochure: "dedicated to your pharmaceutical well-being."
- All passive skills with health regen provide a defense bonus instead
- Item replacement removes all items with health regen
- Autodoc shard modules are not available with this pod
- Starts the game with several drug device items in the inventory
- All heroes have vastly increased maximum health (2x normal?)
Library Pod Edit
- Heroes are smarter but less powerful and cannot carry weapons
- Resources, Artifacts, and Slots for modules are more common
- No Food module at game start, but larger reserve of Resources, items, and modules
This is a Dungeon of the Endless Crystal Pack or Founder Pack Exclusive. Players must own the respective pack as well as meeting the condition:
- Research all the modules (lvl 1) in a winning game
- Note from sales brochure: "To avoid inciting prisoners, this pod only contains data on meditation, graphic design, and party planning."
- "Cannot carry weapons" means simply that no weapons drop.
- Starts the game with a Scope and a Tool Kit device in the inventory
- Base resource income is increased compared to other pods.
Drill Pod Edit
Basic game but no Food, Industry or Science modules at start. Endless mode: Unwinnable game!
- Win a game with the Armory Pod.
- Open every door in every floor in a winning game.
- Note from sales brochure: "Maybe you had a life before. Now, you have a dungeon!"
Armory Pod Edit
Start with 4 powerful heroes. Some weapons supplied at start. No additional heroes in dungeon. No modules except Food at start. No offensive or Industry modules can be researched.
- Win a game with the Infirmary Pod.
- Never lose a hero in a winning game.
- Note from sales brochure: "Whether you're liberating, policing, enforcing, or just having fun, the Armory Pod is what you need to impose your brand of freedom."
- Starts the game with 8 basic weapons in the inventory, 2 of each type.
- Hero's base attack power and all attack power bonus effects (passive and active) are doubled.
- One faster and stronger hero for the entire game.
- Quick Heal using Food is not possible.
- Dead heroes can be resurrected using Food.
- No science module at the start, but a larger reserve of Resources, items and modules.
This is an Endless Legend Emperor Pack or Endless Legend Founder Pack Exclusive. Players must own the respective pack. It is also obtainable by purchasing the 'Deep Freeze add-on'. Ontop of the paywall, it is also required that you meet this condition:
- Never have the Crystal lose HP in a winning game
- Note from sales brochure: "Guaranteed to freeze food, people, and lava in 30 seconds or less. Caution: Do not lick."
- Resurrection happens automatically and instantly, placing the hero in the crystal room. Dying with no food left results in a game over.
- The Refreezerator is obtained (But not fully unlocked. See Unlock Conditions.) with the purchase of the 'Deep Freeze add-on'. It was formerly required that you owned a special edition of the game 'Endless Legend', but has since then been made into its own inexpensive DLC.
- Your Crystal runner can be hit by mobs while you carry the crystal at the end of a Floor, you will still unlock the Pod.
Sanitary Pod Edit
- Hard mode: Cannot pause game!
- Stronger monsters; unfavorable events occur more often.
- Resources, Heroes, and slots for Modules are less common.
- Heal a Hero is more expensive.
- Monsters react when you research new modules.
- Reach floor 24 with the drill.
- Never use pause in a winning game.
- Note from sales brochure: "Kiloliters of bleach and ammonia solve every problem! Caution: Chemical warfare gear required."
- Starts the game with a Prison Soap device item in the inventory.
Organic Pod Edit
- Creatures are faster.
- Modules can’t be repaired.
- Powered rooms:
- Can’t be unpowered,
- Deal damage to modules and artifacts at every turn,
- Reduce monsters’ defence by 100%,
- Provide +0.5 Food per turn.
- Available from the start. (update "Organic Matters" to do)
- This pod is an intellectual living creature, so take care of her like a member of your crew. Remember, she likes red wine, boiled shrimp with sauce, classical music and pictures of kittens.
- designed by the community via the GAMES2GETHER© initiative.
- Every powered room gives you an extra +0.5 Food. So early on don't be shy, Get those resources.
- A Hero with some sort of dust income mechanic helps out a lot (and the Shop + Pal/op )
- Try to battle monsters in the powered rooms for an easier time.