"One of the few remaining humanoids in the galaxy to wear a tweed jacket and smoke a pipe, Josh is willing to give long (and generally inaccurate) explanations of any object, event, or person. Many suspect that he was imprisoned for boring people to death."
The scientist Josh 'Ntello is unlocked by owning the Dungeon of the Endless "Founder Pack" and does not have to be encountered in the dungeon like other heroes.
Josh has the highest Wit in the game alongside Wit upgrading abilities. He is best left in the back, overclocking minor modules for extra defence and using Armchair General when things get nasty for other teammates. His high wit makes him the operator who generates the most resources in the game, and makes other operators on the team generate more with his "Knowledge is Good" passive. His drawbacks are his low defense and DPS when alone and his inability to repair without an appropriate item, making him a bad choice for holding a chokepoint on his own.
Story Events Edit
Josh is involved in Who Talked?
|Level||Hit Points||Defense||Speed||DPS||Attack Power||Attack Cooldown||Range||Wit||Skills||Cost to Recruit / Level|
|1||400||11||28||17||20||1.2||Long (4)||13||Pack of Dogs / Team Spirit!||33|
|5||588||20||28||22||26||1.2||Long (4)||14||Knowledge Is Good||60|
|6||640||22||28||23||27||1.2||Long (4)||14||Armchair General||73|
|8||750||27||29||25||30||1.2||Long (4)||15||Team Spirit! LVL2||103|
|10||868||31||29||27||33||1.2||Long (4)||16||Overclocked LVL2||137|
|12||994||31||29||30||36||1.2||Long (4)||17||Knowledge Is Good LVL2||175|
|13||1060||31||29||31||37||1.2||Long (4)||17||Armchair General LVL2||196|
|15||1198||31||30||33||40||1.2||Long (4)||17||Knowledge Is Good LVL3||240|
The above table is accurate, as of update [1.1.0]
Hero ID: H0011
When found in a dungeon:
- "Nice to meet you. Did you know the word "meet" is derived from hunters sharing "meat" during their expeditions?"
- "Lovely cave, eh? Clearly the result of sedimentation induced by ultramafic rhyolites."
- "Seen those flesh-eating bugs? Doubtless Drosophilidae of the phylum Porifera, order Rosidae."
When opening a door:
- "Ridiculous, this manual labor for a person of my elevatored intelligence."
- "Open (v.i. '.pn') from the Latin 'opis'."
When repairing a module:
- "Humiliating! A mind of this largesse on this simple task."
When low on health:
- "Huh! Superficial damage to the outer perihelion."
When carrying the crystal:
- “Technically speaking it’s not actually a crystal…”